10 Comments

1. Defiant Resurrections – Godspace
    April 6, 2017 @ 3:04 am

[…] things together, I want to attempt a kind of virtual Lectio Tierra. I wrote about the practice of Lectio Tierra last August in my post, Listening to the Life of Jesus… in a Tree. For this exercise, I invite you to watch the slideshow loop of various signs of new life from my […]

2. Top 5 Ways to Pray in the Garden – Godspace
    September 22, 2016 @ 3:00 am

[…] Tierra: I described lectio tierra in detail in a post at the end of last month. This is really a simple way to pray that works well in the garden, in the neighborhood, or […]

3. Top Ten Tuesdays – Godspace
    August 30, 2016 @ 3:01 am

[…] Love of Christ in Our Hearts by Christine Sine 4. On Listening and Telling by Jeannie Kendall 3. Listening to the Life of Jesus… in a Tree by Andy Wade 2. Identifying Your Great Cloud of Witnesses by Andy Wade 1. Five Must-Learn Lessons […]

4. Lisa de Jong
    August 26, 2016 @ 8:35 pm

Thanks Andy. This is very useful and explains what I often do innately. I’m always writing poetry about the insights I find in nature. Your post will be so helpful though, in taking it even deeper. Thanks so much.

5. pat
    August 25, 2016 @ 12:48 pm

love this …am doing it all the time …without having a name for it ! Lovely to see it articulated . thanks .

6. Michael Moore
    August 25, 2016 @ 8:49 am

Excellent! Reminds me of my Visio Divina practice!

• afwade
      August 25, 2016 @ 3:18 pm

Thanks, Michael. It’s amazing what we can see and hear when we slow down enough to really listen!

7. Tadhg
    August 25, 2016 @ 3:58 am

Excellent article and another, valuable spiritual tool. Thanks for sharing that. I’ve always known that as Lectio natura. Tierra, following the Latin word, sounds Spanish/Portuguese

• afwade
      August 25, 2016 @ 9:11 am

Thanks, I was looking back through my notes to see what Pat had called it, then googled, and couldn’t find consensus. Regardless of what it’s called it’s a powerful form of entering into dialogue with God. Glad you appreciated my interpretation.